Total Phase Komodo CAN Duo
USB to CAN Interface
Powerful 2-Ch. USB-to-CAN Adapter
The Komodo CAN Duo Interface is a powerful two-channel USB-to-CAN adapter and analyzer. The Komodo interface is an all-in-one tool capable of active CAN data transmission as well as non-intrusive CAN bus monitoring.
- Dual-channel: two independent customizable CAN channels
- Transfer rate up to 1 Mbps
- Independent galvanic isolation per CAN channel
- 8 configurable GPIOs
- USB 2.0 full-speed; bus-powered
- Free software and API
- Cross-platform support: Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X compatible
The portable and durable Komodo interface easily integrates into end-user systems. It provides a flexible and scalable solution for a variety of applications including automotive, military, industrial, medical, and more. The Komodo CAN Duo Interface features two independently customizable CAN channels, a royalty-free API, and cross-platform support for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
Configure each CAN channel independently as either an adapter or a non-intrusive analyzer. Communicate and/or monitor two different CAN buses with a single Komodo interface.
Full Featured CAN Adapter
The Komodo CAN Duo Interface can operate as a CAN node, to send and receive messages, on up to two different CAN networks. Communicate with any type of CAN network, from automotive systems to industrial controls. The Komodo interface operates at up to a maximum bitrate of 1 Mbps.
True Real-Time Monitoring
Non-intrusively monitor up to 2 different CAN buses and see the data as it is captured. Each channel of the Komodo interface is independently, galvanically isolated and can capture CAN data at up to 1 Mbps.
The 8 GPIO pins can be configured for input or output, allowing the Komodo interface to communicate with external logic.
The Komodo CAN Duo Interface is rated for operating temperatures from -40°C to +85°C (non-condensing).
The Komodo CAN Duo Interface comes complete with a royalty-free API. The low cost makes it affordable for a company to provide every developer with their own interface. The benefits of every developer having their own interface are:
- Less time wasted because developers do not have to share tools or go to the lab to debug simple problems.
- Less wasted time means higher productivity because developers can identify and fix problems quickly and easily with less down-time.
- Higher productivity means shorter development cycles. Projects get done on time and on budget.
By saving just a few hours of engineering time, the Komodo CAN Duo Interface will have paid for itself.
The Komodo interface is completely field-upgradable via USB. Total Phase is committed to improving the Komodo interface and making these improvements available to our customers.
You will never have to worry about being out of step with the latest software features. Eligible software and firmware upgrades are always freely available in the Downloads section of this website.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1
- Linux: Red Hat, SuSE, Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch, CentOS, Debian
- Mac OS X: 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8
|Non-intrusively monitor up to 2 different CAN buses||Yes|
|GPIO pins can be configured for input or output||Yes, 8|
|operating temperatures||-40°C to +85°C (non-condensing)|
In the box
- 1 x Komodo CAN Duo Interface Unit
- 1 x 6 foot USB A->B cable
- 1 x 3 foot DB9 F/F cable
- 1 x 1.5 foot Mini-DIN 9 Digital I/O cable
- Software (downloadable from website):
- Windows USB Drivers
- Linux USB Hot Plug Configuration files
- Data Center Software
- Komodo GUI
- Komodo LabView Driver
- Rosetta Language Bindings: C/C++, .NET, Python, Visual Basic