Total Phase Adv Cable Tester V2
USB, Lightning, HDMI
Advanced Cable Tester V2
The quickest and most convenient way to comprehensively test USB, Apple Lightning, and video cables
Free connector module bundle (€1600 value) included with your purchase. Choose between USB-C, Apple Lightning or Video bundle:
- USB-C Bundle Incl.
- 1 x USB-C to USB-C
- 1 x USB-C to USB Standard-A
- 1 x USB-C to USB Micro-B
- 1 x USB-C to USB Standard-B
- Apple Lightning Bundle Incl.
- 1 x USB-C to USB-C
- 2 x Lightning USB2 to USB Standard-A
- 1 x Lightning USB2 to USB-C
- Video Bundle Incl.
- 2 x HDMI to HDMI (2.1)
- 2 x DisplayPort to DisplayPort (1.4)
Adv Cable Tester V2 Provides
- Short testing - Dynamic visualization of test results
- Open testing - Dynamic visualization of test results
- DC resistance measurement for most wires, with milliohm precision on ground and power wires, ohm resolution on most other wires, continuity check only on high-speed data lines
- Signal integrity testing of data lines to 12.8 Gbps per channel
- E-Marker verification
- Lightning plug bring up/function (Apple Lightning Cables)*
- Over-voltage protection (Apple Lightning Cables)*
- Voltage recovery testing (Apple Lightning Cables)*
- Quiescent current consumption (Apple Lightning Cables)*
*Apple MFi membership required to run these tests
Combining blazing fast performance with a low cost per test and a rugged design, the Advanced Cable Tester v2 enables rapid spot-checking of cables, easy-to-understand reports, with 100% test coverage for lab and production environments at a fraction of the price, time, and labor versus other solutions. Whether your application is 100% quality control in a factory or statistical process control in a laboratory, the Advanced Cable Tester v2 will provide high precision and accuracy with thorough test coverage, without expensive scopes, custom fixtures, or highly trained personnel, saving hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Continuity testing checks all pins for opens, shorts, and fundamentally correct wiring preventing dangerous situations like shorts of VBUS to data signals, VBUS/GND reversal, etc.
DC Resistance ("DCR") testing
DC Resistance ("DCR") testing confirms that each power pin (VBUS and GND) is capable of carrying the required current to meet the applicable specification. For Type-C cables, each power pin is individually measured, then the cable as a whole is tested. Pass/fail criteria ensure that the cable will meet the specification requirements, such as Type-C IR Drop. If present, Type-C SBU and CC lines are also tested for DCR.
E-Marker testing reads the data from any present E-Marker, then validates the advertised data and power capabilities against the actual measured parameters of the cable. Additionally, fields such as Vendor ID, Product ID, Test ID, firmware and hardware versions can be set by the operator, for easy pass/fail determination of cables through a QA process.
Lightning testing ensures proper operation of the Lightning plug, including proper Lighting plug power-up, over-voltage, recovery, and quiescent current testing per the Apple MFi specification.
A REST API is available for integration of the Advanced Cable Tester into a larger test infrastructure. This integration can be very high-level: taking just a real-time pass/fail indication; or much more integrated: retrieving all details for custom processing, analysis, logging, etc.
The Advanced Cable Tester supports testing a large variety of cables via a system of easily interchangeable modules. Each module is rated for 10,000 tests, guaranteeing cost effective and accurate cable test results.
- USB Type-C to USB Type-C (Type-C 1.3, USB 3.2 and earlier specifications). Full-Featured and USB 2.0 Type-C cables are supported
- USB Type-C to USB Standard-A (USB 3.2 and earlier version specifications)
- USB Type-C to USB Micro-B (USB 3.2 and earlier version specifications)
- USB Type C to USB Standard-B (USB 3.2 and earlier version specifications)
- USB Standard-A to USB Micro-B (USB 3.2 and earlier version specifications)
- USB Standard-A to USB Standard-B (USB 3.2 and earlier version specifications)
- Lightning (USB 2.0) to USB Standard-A
- Lightning (USB 2.0) to USB Type-C
- HDMI Type A to HDMI Type A (HDMI 2.1 and earlier version specifications)
- DisplayPort to DisplayPort (DisplayPort 1.4 and early version specifications)
|Manufacturing certification||ISO 9001, ISO 13485, AS9100D, ITAR|
|Input Power Requirements||110V/220V - 3A/1.5A|
|Dimensions ACTv2||30.5 x 27.3 x 10.2 cm|
|Dimensions Power Supply||11.4 x 5.1 x 3.2 cm|
|Weight ACTv2||3.6 kg|
|Weight Power Supply||0.23 kg|
|Operating Temperature||10° - 35° C|
|More specific information||see datasheet page 4|
In the box
- Advanced Cable Tester v2 Hardware
- 110V/220V Power Supply
- Line Cord with your choice of Type B/F/G adapters
- 1 x 6 foot USB 2.0 Standard-A to USB Micro-B cable
- 1 x 2 meter Ethernet cable
- Your choice of a connector module bundle; USB-C, Apple Lightning or HDMI/Video