Total Phase I2C Active Level 2 - 3.4MHz
Higher Master and Slave Speeds
This application provides state-of-the-art host adapter functionality. With this application you will be able to actively exercise your I2C bus in many ways.
This is an application that requires installation on the Promira Serial PlatformThe I2C Active – Level 1 Application is a pre-requisite to using this application
This application provides state-of-the-art host adapter functionality. With this application you will be able to actively exercise your I2C bus in many ways:
- Master at speeds up to 3.4 MHz
- Slave at speeds up to 3.4 MHz
- Each slave response can be up to 256 bytes
- No inter-byte delays
- Program EEPROM or other I2C memory
- Use up to 12 GPIOs (10 while using I2C)
- Provide up to 200 mA of power to your embedded project
- Operates with voltages from 0.9 V - 3.45 V, 5 V fault tolerant
The all-new architecture of the I2C Active - Level 2 Application running on the Promira Serial Platform provides superior performance. With many new embedded features such as integrated voltage level-shifting, advanced message queuing, High-speed USB or Ethernet connectivity to your analysis PC and many more. Debugging your I2C system has never been easier.
API & GUIs
Once you're running the I2C Active - Level 2 Application on your Promira platform you can create your own interface using Total Phase's robust API or select from the no charge GUIs: Control Center Serial or Flash Center to control your I2C data.
The purchase of your I2C Active - Level 2 Application includes one year of support, allowing you to download any updates for this application for 12 months after purchase.
Detailed technical information about the Promira Serial Platform can be found in the User Manual. There is also a Quick Start Guide to help you get started.
Target Bus Interface
- I2C Master/Slave
- 12 GPIO pins
DC Characteristics (Promira platform)
- Target Power: +3.3V, 5V, 100 mA max (pins 4 and 6)
- Supplementary I/O Power: 0.9 V - 3.45 V, 100 mA max (pins 22 and 24)
- Full support for Standard Mode (100 kbps) and Fast Mode Plus (1 Mbps) for I2C
- Full support for High Speed I2C (3.4 MHz)†
- Supports inter-bit and inter-byte clock stretching
- Supports multi-master
- Master transmit and receive
- Asynchronous slave transmit and receive
- Software configurable I2C pull-up resistors
- Software configurable target power pins to power downstream devices
- Repeated Start, 10-bit slave addressing, and Combined Format transactions
The I2C Active - Level 2 Application running on the Promira Serial Platform is compatible with:
- Display Data Channel (DDC)
- System Management Bus (SMBus)
- Power Management Bus (PMBus)
- Smart Battery Bus (SBBus)
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
- Two-Wire Interface (TWI)
† Actual system bus speed may vary as a function of capacitance.
GPIO - General Purpose IO
- I2C pins can be repurposed for more general use, allowing them to be used for custom signals on target systems
- GPIO functionality can also be combined with I2C or SPI to interact with your target system
- GPIO configuration is cached internally to preserve settings between operational modes
|Master speed||Up to 3.4MHz|
|Slave Speed||Up to 3.4MHz|
|Each slave response can be up to 256 bytes||Yes|
|No inter-byte delays||Yes|
|Program EEPROM or other I2C memory||Yes|
|Use up to 12 GPIOs (10 while using I2C)||Yes|
|Provide up to 200 mA of power||Yes|
|Operates with voltages from 0.9 V - 3.45 V, 5 V fault tolerant||Yes|
Download - No physical delivery
- The SPI Active - Level 1 Application is a download that runs on your Promira Serial Platform unit. Once you have purchased a Promira Serial Platform unit, you'll be able to instantly download and add new applications as they become available.
- All applications include one full year of software maintenance. As long as your software maintenance is current, you can take advantage of our five-star support. Any time you purchase a new application for your Promira Serial Platform, we'll automatically extend the software maintenance for all applications that have current maintenance support (applications that are out of support do not receive this benefit, so it's always best to keep the maintenance current on your applications). That means if you purchase one new application per year, all your applications will be eligible for software support.