Total Phase I2C Active Level 1 - 1MHz
Exercise Your I2C Bus in Many Ways!
This application provides state-of-the-art host adapter functionality. With this application you will be able to actively exercise your I2C bus in many ways.
With I2C Active you can:
- Master at speeds up to 1 MHz
- Slave at speeds up to 1 MHz
- Single slave response of up to 256 bytes
- Program EEPROM or other I2C memory
- Use up to 6 GPIOs (4 while using I2C)
- Provide up to 200 mA of power to your embedded project
- Operates with voltages from 0.9 V - 3.3 V, 5 V fault tolerant
The all-new architecture of the I2C Active - Level 1 Application running on the Promira Serial Platform provides superior performance. With many new embedded features such as integrated voltage level-shifting, advanced message queuing, High-speed USB or Ethernet connectivity to your analysis PC and many more. Debugging your I2C system has never been easier.
Once you're running the I2C Active - Level 1 Application on your Promira platform you can create your own interface using Total Phase's robust API or select from the no charge GUIs: Control Center or Flash Center (coming before the end of 2014) to control your I2C data.
The purchase of your I2C Active - Level 1 Application includes one year of support, allowing you to download any updates for this application for 12 months after purchase.
Detailed technical information about the Promira Serial Platform can be found in the User Manual above. We also have a Quick Start Guide to help you get started.
- I2C Master: 1 kHz - 1 MHz
- I2C Slave: 1 kHz - 1 MHz
Target Bus Interface
- I2C Master/Slave
- 4 GPIO pins
DC Characteristics (Promira platform)
- Target Power: +5V, 100 mA max (pins 4 and 6)
- Supplementary I/O Power: 0.9 V - 3.45 V, 100 mA max (pins 22 and 24)
- True 1 Mbps† performance over High-Speed USB or Ethernet
- Supports standard mode (100 kbps) and fast mode plug (400 kbps) as well as various speeds ranging from 1 kHz - 1 MHz†
- Supports inter-bit and inter-byte clock stretching
- Supports multi-master
- Master transmit and receive
- Asynchronous slave transmit and receive
- Software configurable I2C pull-up resistors
- Software configurable target power pins to power downstream devices
- Repeated Start, 10-bit slave addressing, and Combined Format transactions
The I2C Active - Level 1 Application running on the Promira Serial Platform is compatible with:
- Display Data Channel (DDC)
- System Management Bus (SMBus)
- Power Management Bus (PMBus)
- Smart Battery Bus (SBBus)
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
- Two-Wire Interface (TWI)
† Actual system bus speed may vary as a function of capacitance.
GPIO - General Purpose IO
- I2C pins can be repurposed for more general use, allowing them to be used for custom signals on target systems
- GPIO functionality can also be combined with I2C or SPI to interact with your target system
- GPIO configuration is cached internally to preserve settings between operational modes
|Bit Rate I2C Master||1 KHz - 1.02 MH|
|Bit Rate I2C Slave||1 KHz - 500 kHz|
|Target Bus Interface||I2C Master/Slave. 4 GPIO pins|
|DC Characteristics (Promira platform) Target Power||+5V, 100 mA max (pins 4 and 6)|
|upplementary I/O Power||0.9 V - 3.45 V, 100 mA max (pins 22 and 24)|
Download - No physical delivery
- The I2C Active - Level 1 Application is a download that runs on your Promira Serial Platform. Once you have purchased a Promira Serial Platform, you'll be able to instantly download and add new applications as they become available.
- All applications include one full-year of software maintenance. As long as your software maintenance is current, you can take advantage of our five-star support. Any time you purchase a new application for your Promira Serial Platform, we'll automatically extend the software maintenance for all applications that have current maintenance support (applications that are out of support do not receive this benefit, so it's always best to keep the maintenance current on your applications). That means if you purchase one new application per year, all your applications will be eligible for software support.