The new DDR2 adapter plugs into the existing RAMCHECK or RAMCHECK LX base tester. This makes the DDR2 adapter by far the most cost-effective solution for testing modern high-speed DDR2 modules. In fact, its features are what you would expect to find in very expensive equipment.
Don't let the adapter's small size fool you! High speed operations require short connections, while the adapter is loaded with state-of-the-art electronic components.
No special setup is required. As with all of Innoventions products, the adapter is extraordinarily simple to use. Insert the adapter, turn the RAMCHECK tester on, place a module into the test socket, then press the start button. The DDR2 adapter will not work with the older SIMCHECK II tester, although these units can be factory-converted to the RAMCHECK.
Innoventions have incorporated state-of-the-art technology in the design of the new RAMCHECK DDR2 Adapter. The following pictures provide you with a look "under the hood."
DDR2 Advanced Technology
- State-of-the-art controller featuring our improved 800MHz second generation DDR2 test engine
- State-of-the-art high efficiency switching power regulator to generate the DDR2 STTL-18 interface power source
- Advanced analog section for measuring the module's current, voltages and the board's temperature
- Digitally-controlled high resolution VDD regulator
- 333-1100MHz DDR2 clock generator
- Digitally-controlled high resolution VDD high efficiency switching power regulator. Provides twice the current capabilities of the previous version of the DDR2 adapter
DDR2 Frequency Support
The new RAMCHECK DDR2 adapter can perform DDR2 tests at actual test frequencies up to 866MHz. Please note that the previous release of the RAMCHECK DDR2 adapter (p/n INN-8668-12) has a reduced frequency support as described here. The new DDR2 test engine can achieve 1066MHz internal diagnostic speeds. Please see the product specifications PDF above for further details.