Record during hours and days. Extract specific events from bus traffic.
- Always ON / always-recording
- Advanced filtering / data storage qualification options
- Huge 8 MSample local buffer in data logger hardware
- Virtually unlimited data storage on your PC
Compared to other test and debug instruments, LOG Storm offers unique and unprecented visibility of digital embedded systems from your PC.
Large memory buffer and usable direct storage on to a host PC enable hours of logging and the assurance of not missing functional bugs that cause your electronic board or chip to malfunction.
- Able to run without interruption
- SPI and I²C protocol decoders
- Rich data storage qualification / data filtering options
- Direct data storage onto the host PC
- Selectable storage file size on PC hard disk
- Includes 8 MSample buffering
- Sampling frequency up to 100 MHz - from internal or external clock
- Includes data regrouping / renaming and FAST data search
- Includes bit-level waveform viewer (GTKWave)
- USB 2.0 PC connectivity
- Delivered with LOG Storm Studio software, cables and accessories
Rich triggering and data filtering options
LOG Storm digital data logger provides 2 types of triggering and data filtering options:
Fixed length trigger defines a START trigger condition and a capture length.
LOG Storm starts recording data upon the detection of the START condition and collects a the specified number of samples. After this, it waits until the detection of a new START condition.
Events occurring before the START condition can be recorded too, by defining a PREFETCH length.
In addition, expressions qualifying which data must be recorded can be defined (green area in the figure below).
Variable length trigger does not define a capture length, but a STOP condition and optionally a POSTFETCH length.
LOG Storm data logger stops after the POSTFETCH length and waits until a new START condition. Similarly to the fixed length, data storage qualification can be used.
LOG Storm Studio software
LOG Storm Studio software is included with LOG Storm device
Platform: Win (XP/7) (32 bit / 64 bit)
Includes: GUI and FREE C/C++ API; GTK Wave waveform viewer.
C/C++ API enables control from within user-defined programs and environments. It notably allows task automation and advanced data processing.